9º outside and still green inside
CSA Pick-up 12/12 & 12/13
It’s going to be 9º tonight, but the greenhouse rows have filled in and are holding on thanks to the heater that keeps it just above freezing. The only things left outside are lettuce heads and spinach, all in hoop houses or the greenhouse, while the rest of the crops are tucked safely in the cooler.
Our early-bird specials are now up on the website. Sign up and pay in full by 12/31 for these offers:
- The 30-week Full Season Share offer is $655. This is a 20% discount on the CSA and we offer it as a heart-felt thanks for your membership and investment in local food and farms.
- The 18-week Veggie & Herb Share offer is $395. This also gives you a 20% discount. (If you know you are going to sign up for both the summer and fall shares, signing up for the full-season share gives you the best deal, as this is the only time we’ll be offering an additional savings on the Fall Harvest Share).
Your early membership will support Good Heart meet important early season costs, including seeds, heating the greenhouse, and potting soil. THANK YOU!
This coming week’s harvest will be:
- Root Mix: 3 lbs (choices of carrots, beets, turnips, potatoes, watermelon radish and daikon radish)
- Onions / Garlic / Leeks : Choose 1
- Mini-lettuce heads: 3
- Kohlrabi or Celeriac
- Beet Kraut or Curry Kraut (farm-made ferments!)
Roasted Carrot Soup
Grilled Tofu with Vietnamese-Style Dipping Sauce : daikon radish, garlic, onions
Ginger, Carrot & Daikon Radish Salad
We wish you a delicious week!
In Good Heart,
Kate and Edge