Nourishing, Local, Organic : the Good Heart CSA

Time to renew your CSA membership 


Hello CSA Members!  It’s been a month since the 2016 CSA came to a close, and since then we’ve balanced rest with planning and organizing for the coming season.  

We recently mailed letters to you with the survey results, a season review, and things to look for in 2017.  If you haven’t already received a letter, keep watch in your mail—you’ll be receiving it this week.  In case you missed it, here are some highlights we want to be sure you see:

The CSA represents 80% of our farm sales, with wholesale to restaurants making up the other 20%.  This is why we often say that CSA Members are the heart of Good Heart.  You truly are the guiding force of this farm, and it is our constant goal to grow the highest quality vegetables for you and your family.

Crops we plan to increase production of based on survey results include:

  • Green Beans                       • Broccoli                                • Cabbage
  • Cauliflower                         • Kale                                       • Melons
  • Snap Peas                           • Sweet Peppers                     • Potatoes
  • Spinach                               • Tomatoes

 Crops we plan to adjust production* of based on survey results include:

  • Celery                                   • Fennel                                    • Kohlrabi
  • Radishes                              • Rutabaga                               • Turnips
  • Thyme                                  • Sage

*We value these crops for the diversity they add to the fields and our plates.  Though we will be adjusting the production levels of these crops, they will all still appear in the CSA shares, either as a choice item, in smaller quantities, or less often.  

New Crops we plan to add this year:

•Sweet Potatoes                        •Eggplant                                 • Parsnips

A few things to look for in 2017:

  • Pick-Your-Own: Flowers, Peas, and Herbs
  • Pizza Nights: Join us for a monthly pizza night at the farm!  Pizza will be by donation, with all proceeds benefitting the NOFA-VT Farm Share Program.  Dates TBA, check our website for more information coming this spring!

As a Good Heart Member, you truly keep the farm moving and growing in a positive direction.  Thank you for helping sustain this community rooted to the land through nourishing organic food.  Renew your membership today by signing up for your 2017 CSA share.

We wish you all a happy and healthy week!

In Good Heart,
Kate and Edge

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s