These last few days of sun and heat gave us much needed time to catch up on weeding and transplanting.
We’re looking forward to the first CSA pick-up tonight at the farm. As we head into the season, a few quick reminders:
- Please bring your own bag or box to pack your share in
- Pizza nights will be the 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month, slices by donation
- If you know you’re going to miss a share, send a friend in your place, or contact us 2 days ahead of time to make other arrangements.
We do our best to keep the harvest lists consistent between each pick-up day, but as crops come into maturity, there may be slight differences between pick-ups. We’ll do our best to let you know ahead of time of any changes.
Here’s this week’s harvest:
- Cilantro : 1 bunch
- Mesclun or Baby Spinach : 1/2 lb
- Kale : 1 bunch
- Baby Beets : 1 bunch
- Bunching Onions : 1 bunch
- Rutabaga : 1 lb
See recipes below
We’ll see you all soon!
In Good Heart,
Kate & Edge
we’ve run out of stored potatoes and are hooked now on rutabaga fries! try them with sour cream for a delicious side dish
- Pre-heat oven to 475º
- Peel and cut rutabagas into fry shape
- Toss in olive or vegetable oil, and add salt & pepper (options herbs: rosemary or thyme)
- Spread fries evenly on a sheet pan (to avoid sticking, line with parchment paper)
- Roast in oven until rutabagas are cooked through and golden brown