Happy December 1st!
Last night’s snow welcomed in the month quite appropriately.
Waylon’s been asking about the seasons, and we’ve been talking about the difference between calendar winter and when it feels like winter. He’s on the side of when it feels like winter (and also very excited to make snowballs and eat snow).
As this season winds down, we’re looking ahead to 2018.
As always, we have a December early-sign up discount for next year’s CSA.
Here’s a look at next year’s shares:
- The Full-Season Share : March 19 – November 19
- Spring, Summer, and Fall combined for a delicious share of seasonal local bounty.
- Save 15% when you sign up and pay in full by 12/31 :
- Market Value: $974
- December sale price: $827.90
Individual shares will have our standard 10% discount:
- The Spring share : March 19 – May 28
- this share will feature mesclun, spinach, kale, chard, baby beets, hakurei salad turnips, radishes, and fresh herbs
- $209 value, CSA members get it for $188.10
- The Summer share : June 4 – September 17
- Our classic Veggie & Herb CSA share, with a wide range of veggies from mesclun mix to tomatoes to roots.
- $495 value, CSA members get it for $445.50
- The Fall share : September 24 – November 19
- The Fall Harvest Share will feature hearty greens, mesclun, a variety of roots, winter squash and value-added items. It will wrap up at Thanksgiving with a double-share.
- $270 value, CSA members get it for $243
From now through December 31st, we’re offering 15% off the Full Season Share.
This is our biggest discount of the coming year, and we offer it as a sincere thanks for your support and all you do to help us grow.
And, to make it easier for you, we now offer PayPal payment with no added service charges on our website. Please let us know if you have any questions!
Learn more and sign up over on our CSA page.
Here’s this week’s harvest:
- Winter squash — acorn, festival
- Mesclun mix
See recipes below
We’ll see you all soon!
In Good Heart,
Kate & Edge
Roasted Parsnips with Rosemary