About Good Heart Farmstead
Good Heart is a 2 acre certified organic vegetable CSA farm in Worcester, Vermont.
Our mission is to grow healthy, whole foods and to make them available to people of all income levels, increasing the accessibility of local food to low-income Vermonters. We strive to strengthen our community through food, and to promote creativity, communication, peace and learning through a direct connection to the land and the food we eat.
At Good Heart, we are life-long learners, recognizing that there is always more to learn, ways to improve, and that our strength comes from the connections and relationships we cultivate, from soil to plants to people. We support LGBTQ+ rights, racial justice, social justice, and environmental justice.
Current Open Positions:
Year Round Farm Team Member
We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to join our year round farm team! Candidates should have several years experience working on organic vegetable operations in both production systems as well as customer service relations.
- This position will entail a seasonal mix of indoor and outdoor work that focuses on the production and distribution of a diverse vegetable operation. Individuals will need to be comfortable with working on their own as well as in small groups.
- Outdoor tasks will include seeding, planting, bed prep and plastic tarp management, greenhouse management, cultivation, and harvesting.
- Indoor tasks will include washing and packing, delivery and CSA distribution, retail customer interactions, retail display, operating a register, and food processing.
- All tasks on and off the farm will be equally rotated amongst the farm crew (which includes farm owners) to ensure all team members are well versed in all aspects of the farm operation. Weekly schedules will rotate to allow for exposure to all tasks as well as build flexibility and strength within our small crew.
- Qualified candidates can expect responsibilities that are equivalent to a farm manager’s position, though many tasks will be carried out on their own. Appropriate guidance will be given and clear metrics will be established for each task. It will be the candidates responsibility to meet such metrics and strive toward improvements. We follow lean principles throughout our farm operation and expect all workers to operate within this framework.
- Experience in minimal till systems and associated tools
- Identification of common pests and basic understanding of organic solutions
- Extensive knowledge in all aspects related to harvesting, washing, and packing seasonal vegetables
- Experience with a paper pot planter
- Experience with a BCS walk behind tractor
- A valid driver’s license
- Open minded and committed to improvement
- Aware and Flexible
- Starting pay at $18/hr
- Weekly Vegetables of your choice
- 40hrs/week year round (with seasonal vacation time TBD)
- Position commences May 2, 2022
- 1 year minimum commitment
- All Farm Team Members must be vaccinated against COVID-19
- In person follow up interviews will be held mid April
All inquiries can reach out directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and leave an introductory email explaining why they would be a good candidate for this position. A formal resume is not required. Please research our farm online to gain an understanding of what type of farm we are. Edge will follow up with an email and if needed, a request for an interview. We look forward to hearing from you!
Edge and Katie