First CSA pick-up of the season:
Worcester: Friday, June 9 @ the farm, 3:00-7:00
Montpelier: Monday, June 12 @ Union Elementary, 4:30-6:30
Why Community Supported Agriculture?
- CSAs offer eaters a way to connect to their food and directly support their local farmer, which in turn helps grow a sense of community and connection to the land.
- CSAs are the best way to buy the freshest local food at a discount. Good Heart CSA members receive a 10% discount off our retail prices.
- CSAs help make local food accessible to everyone! Subsidized shares are available; see below for more information. *NOFA-VT Farm Share Program applications for subsidized shares come out on March 1st
- CSA creates a shared commitment between farmers and eaters. When you become a CSA member, you help the farm by paying for a share of vegetables up-front in the spring, when capitol is most needed on the farm. We, the farmers, then commit to you by working to feed you and your family each week for the summer and early fall months. When our relationship begins, we together make a commitment to build a stronger community based on food and a personal connection to the earth.
- CSA is what we do. CSA is our number one priority, and rather than bring our prettiest produce to the farmers market or ship it through wholesalers, we give our members the first pick and highest quality of our harvest.
- We grow more than vegetables. To us, the core of a farm is community, and we strive to grow a community that feeds the bodies, minds, and spirits of all its members.
- Our tagline, “local food for everyone”, says it all. Our mission is to make local food accessible to everyone, no matter what your income is. We hold two annual fundraisers and partner with the NOFA-Vermont Farm Share Program in order to subsidize CSA shares for our neighbors who otherwise would not be able to afford them. We donate produce to the Worcester Food Shelf weekly through the summer growing season, and encourage those who are able to purchase a “donation” share for the Food Shelf or similar organization that distributes food to those in need. In this way, we all act together to increase local food access.
For more answers to FAQs and common concerns, click here.
CSA Share Options (sign-up form below):
*CSA sign-up Deadline May 1st / Farm Stand Credit available all season long
Farm Stand Credit: $285 for a value of $300
Do you already garden? Do you travel often in the summer? This option is designed for those who are looking for fresh veggies, but who don’t have a need for a full share.
Farm Stand members can shop at the stand each week during the normal CSA pick-up hours at the farm on Fridays from 3:00-7:00, and Saturdays 12:00-6:00.
If you miss a week, no worries—your credit carries over and is good until the end of the season. Farm Stand Members receive 5% off market prices. Memberships are $95/month, with a minimum three-month commitment totaling $285 for a $300 value. Can be paid month to month or all at once.
Farm Stand members get free PYO flowers July – September.
Full Season Share:
June-December, share price reflects a 10% discount off market prices.
A retail value of $819, this share gives you both the summer Veggie & Herb Share as well as the Fall Harvest Share, and offers the largest dollar savings on your CSA. See below for descriptions of each share.
Veggie & Herb CSA Share:
June – October 2017, A retail value of $495, share price reflects a 10% discount off market prices
Pick up locations:
- Worcester: Good Heart Farmstead, Fridays 3:00-7:00
- Montpelier: Union Elementary School, Mondays 4:30-6:30.
From fresh greens in the spring to juicy tomatoes in the summer and hearty roots come fall, our 18 week CSA offers a plethora of local goodness from June-October. You’ll receive 7 items on average each pick-up (see sample shares below). Our certified organic veggies and herbs are grown only with the good stuff: water, sunlight, compost and love.
The CSA gives you $27.50 of veggies per week and runs for 18 weeks. That’s a value of $495 for the whole summer, but with the 10% CSA discount, you pay only $450.
Let’s break it down this way:
- When split between 2 people, the CSA cost is just $12.50/wk per person, or $1.78/day per person.
- When split between 4 people, the CSA cost is just $6.25/wk per person, or .89 cents/day
*all CSA members have access to free pick-your-own flowers July-September*
- Mesclun mix: ½ lb
- Bunching onions: 1 bunch
- Kohlrabi: 2
- Baby Beets: 1 bunch
- Kale or Chard: 1 bunch
- Peas: 1 lb
- Herbs: mint, chives, oregano: choose 1 bunch
- Lettuce heads: 2
- Tomatoes: 1 ½ lbs
- Cucumbers: 2
- Zucchini/Summer Squash: free-choice
- Onions: 1 lb
- Carrots: 1 bunch
- Herbs: cilantro, parsley, or basil
- Potatoes: 1 ½ lbs
- Tomatoes: 2 lbs
- Beets or Carrots: 1 bunch
- Leeks: 1 lb
- Mesclun Mix: ½ lb
- Green Beans: 1 lb
- Celery: 1 bunch
- Herbs: basil, parsley, or cilantro
- Carrots or Beets: 1 bunch
- Radishes or Salad Turnips: 1 bunch
- Shallots or Garlic
- Spinach or Arugula: ½ lb
- Kale/Chard/Collards: 1 bunch
- Potatoes: 2 lbs
- Herbs: sage or thyme
Fall Harvest CSA:
October – December, Retail value of $324, share price reflects a 10% discount off market prices
Make a triple investment in your health, your local economy, and the delight of your taste buds with the Fall Harvest CSA. This share runs for 12 weeks. Two Pick-up options: Mondays in Montpelier at the Skinny Pancake, or Tuesdays in Worcester (at the farm through October, then at the Worcester Town Hall Nov-Dec) 4:30-6:30.
Fall Harvest Share payment plan option: $150 at sign up, $141.60 due November 1st.
What’s in the Share: Each week will include an allium (garlic, onions, leeks, shallots), 3 lbs of roots (choices of beets, carrots, potatoes, turnips, rutabagas, radishes), fresh greens (lettuce, kale, chard, collards), plus items such as brussles sprouts, broccoli, cabbage, fennel, kohlrabi, celeriac, and winter squash. Choices of value-added items—pesto, sauerkraut, soup starter, and pumpkin puree—will be included 6 out of 11 weeks.
- Salad Mix- ½ lb
- Shallots- 4
- Butternut Squash- 1
- Kale- 1 bunch
- Parsnips- 1.5 lbs
- Watermelon Radish- 1.5 lbs
- Celeriac- 2
- Magic Soup Starter- 8 oz. (a veggie-salt preserve)
- Carrots- 1 large bunch (apprx. 1.5 lbs)
- Onions- 1lb
- Garlic- 2 heads
- Kale- 1 bunch
- Braising Greens- ½ lb
- Potatoes-2 lbs
- Pumpkin Puree- 16 oz
- Salad Mix- ½ lb
- Cabbage- 1
- Potatoes, Carrots, Rutabagas- 3lbs
- Onions- 2
- Pesto- 8 oz
Payment & Sign-Up
Please make checks out to Good Heart Farmstead and mail to 155 Dugar Rd, Worcester, VT 05682. A deposit of $150 for the 18-week share or $245.70 for the 30-week share is due within 2 weeks of sign-up to reserve your spot. This is non-refundable and applied toward the total cost of your CSA.
Payment in Full at the time of sign-up is preferred, as it gives us the greatest support as we manage late winter and early spring expenses to get the season going strong.
- Veggie & Herb CSA: $150 down-payment due at sign-up, and two payments of $150 due 6/1 and 7/1. *all post-dated checks must be sent together
- Full Season Share: $245.70 down-payment due at sign-up, and two payments of $245.70 due 6/1 and 7/1 *all post-dated checks must be sent together
Checks can be made payable to Good Heart Farmstead L3C. If you are using the payment plan, all post-dated checks must be sent together.
In order to make shares available to low-income community members, we have partnered with the NOFA Vermont Farm-Share Program. This program subsidizes CSA shares for our neighbors who otherwise could not afford to join our CSA. If you are interested in receiving a share at half-price through this program, please contact us to learn more.
To make a tax-deductible donation to the Vermont Farm Share Program, please make your check out to NOFA-VT, and write Good Heart Farmstead in the memo to ensure that your donation directly supports a CSA share from our farm for a family in your community.
Sign Me Up!
To sign up for a CSA submit this form with the completed information, or print and mail in this sign-up form:
To pay for your share via PayPal, please fill out the form above first, and then click on the PayPal button below (this will take you to a new check-out page). We offer payment by debit/credit card as a convenience, and include the 2.9% processing fee in the share cost. To avoid the processing fee, you are welcome to mail a check. Thank you for your understanding!